Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Perfect Father


http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/michelleyee
http://www.reflectionsbymichelleyee.wordpress.com

 
A little child, lost and no where to go
Wondering around helpless, hungry and cold
A stranger met him one fine day
And to the little boy, this is what he said
Come along my dear child, come along with me
Let me take you to a place, where there is something to eat

So to his home, the man led the little boy
And to his surprise, the man gave him a toy
A bowl of hot soup in a tray was being served
And that left the boy crying, for he has never felt so loved

The boy looked at the man, with tears in his eyes
The man look back at him, smiled and asked why
The boy told a sad story that broke the man’s heart
He shared; my parents abandoned me when their marriage fell apart
Now I have no one to love me, no place to call my home
I feel like I’m left behind here to die and suffer all alone

The man replied with great compassion in his heart
You can stay here with me and then gave him a great big hug
I have no child of my own, and would be happy if you can stay
Then by the hands he took the child and led him to the fire place
On his lap he placed the boy, then turn to him and say
My child, I have chosen to love and care for you today
My home and my heart is always opened for you to stay

Just like the father and the boy whom in this poem you just read
Our Father in heaven loves us just like that
With great compassion and no string attached
He loved and died for us, without any regrets
It’s difficult to imagine a love like this, but it is true
God’s love is readily available for me and for you
While we do not deserve from Him all we have received
It is by His loving grace that He has chosen to give

This is the Perfect Father, of whom all God’s creation belong
And in His presence and love, all our fears and sorrows are gone
This is the Perfect Father, of whom we are privileged to have
Praise God for this Fatherly figure, for in Him we are truly blessed

Written By Michelle Yee

Serving with you in His kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle-
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment