Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

Reflections "Let Go and Let God"

Reflection on the words "Let Go and Let God"

I have this mental picture when I think of the above words. It is something that the Lord has reminded me through my friend. And as I was pondering upon it, this is what I (re)learnt...

To let go and let go, literally means to open up your hands and release whatever you have in faith, to God to let Him do what needs to be done.

Why the term "let go"?... Simple... We let go because we have been holding on to something that we are not supposed to be holding on to. When we hold on to something, our hands are tightly grasped together like a fist. When you hold something in your fist, you have no more available space to receive any thing more.

Therefore to "let go" we need to be deliberate to open up or hands if we refused to, God sometimes will have no choice but to find way to pry it open. The excuse I give is "my muscle is cramp therefore I can't". Simply and bluntly put it, if we are truly honest, what we really meant to say is.... I want to but I cannot because though my spirit is willing my flesh is weak.' The process of the prying open is going to be (more) painful if we choose to be stubborn and go head-on with God. But God has promised that He will give us strength to heal the "cramp", if only we allow Him to. But God is a gentle God and He knows how much you are able to handle at once, so He will never allow us to be tempted beyond what we are able to go through (1 Cor 10:13)

And after we "let go", we "let God', simply put it... We surrender our rights to God and we relinquish the need to have control over it. And that takes a step of faith on our part. Most of the times we fail to see that we have a God bigger than our problems. And we forgot what Jesus taught us that as long as we have a faith of a mustard seed, we can tell the mountains to be moved from here to there and it will done, and nothing will be impossible for us. (Matt 17:20).

Prayer - Oh Lord, please grant us the strength to be able to let go of what needs to be let go, Help our unbelief and heal our hearts and brokenness. Restore us and the things/situation, the way it was meant. In Jesus Name, Amen!
Written by Michelle Yee
Ree
Serving with you in His Kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle -
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment