Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Idol

http://www.reflectionsbymichelleyee.wordpress.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/michelleyee


I erected an idol before my Lord, a thing which should not be
No wonder my prayers were not answered, my sin had kept Him from hearing me
I know I am supposed to let it go, and I know I'm in the wrong
But I confess that it is really hard, for I had held on to it for so long
I've given the creation too much attention and neglected the Creator Himself
My idol was in the limelight but my Lord was left on the shelf
Soon I knew I was in trouble, my heart was not where it should be
I cried, Oh Lord, have mercy and please forgive me of my sins
I know now, I had to decide and I had to make up my mind
I had to come back to God, I had to repent and make things right
Slowly but surely, with my idol I had to part
For I know that all this while, it has been breaking my Father's heart

Written by Michelle Yee


Serving with you in His kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle-
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment