Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Past

http://www.reflectionsbymichelleyee.wordpress.com
http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/michelleyee

This poem is about child abuse as I have myself experience it..

Memories of the past I wish I could erase
The past and hurts still haunts me till today
The harsh words spoken and the beatings that I've got
These are the memories that my childhood has brought

Go do your work, don't you dare play
So I haven't got a choice but to study all day
I work so hard to try and get good grades
Still I failed and made my mother lose her face
With the rattan she hits me, one stroke at a time
She punished me as if, I had committed some serious crime
I may have a family but I've never felt at home
I'm insecured and timid and have no freedom of my own
Everything I do, seems to be wrong in their eyes
As far as they're concern, I can never do things right
Encouragements and praises are foreign words to me
The things they say and do, just hurts and sting me like a bee
You're stupid and good for nothing, you're such a useless bum
This is common sense, I can't believe you're so dumb
These are the things I grew up with ever since I was child
To be able to heal from all these hurt will definitely take a while

Memories of the past I wish I could erase
The past and hurts still haunts me even till today
The harsh words spoken and the beatings that I've got
Those were the memories that my childhood has brought

Written By Michelle Yee

No comments:

Post a Comment