Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Reflection: Love is a choice!

http://facebook.com/reflectionsbymichelleyee
http://reflectionsbymichelleyee.wordpress.com

Love is a choice!

Reflecting upon an incident that took place several years ago... And as I thought about it, there's one thing that is clear. Since God created the world, He knows the past, the present and the future. He sometimes preamps His children about what it is to come and it is up to them to choose to decide their attitude.

Some how it always amazes me when I reflect on the incident on Judah's betrayal of Jesus. Jesus knew everything from the start and yet He still... chose to love Judah and did not harbour any negative thoughts about him... Throughout, Jesus's heart towards Judah is one of kindness, forgiveness and mercy. This brought me to an incident which has personally took place in my life.

God asked me this question once (many years ago) regarding a friend whom I love dearly. He asked" "Would you still love him and regard him as friend, if one day he did something that would hurt you?" It was a honest and hard question, I eventually replied "Yes" not fully understanding what it meant.

The "hurt" that my friend caused me, eventually happened many years after the Lord has asked me that question. When I was dealing with the hurt, God reminded me about the question He asked me years ago..... I honestly struggled with it. I realised and learnt from Jesus that, love is a choice. Knowing that you are going to be hurt and still choose to love and forgive him is a deliberate choice.

Dealing with the pain, God asked. "Are you willing to give up that pain to Me and still love your friend?"

I had to make a choice - to be angry with my friend whom I love, or trust God to graciously help me deal with the hurt and than forgive and love him the way Jesus has dealt with Judah!

It is a hard choice, but since I treasure the friendship so much, I had to put aside the hurt if I really wanted to keep him.. Honestly, it still hurts every now and than when I think of my friend, but I have chosen to think of the positive things that has happened. The longer I harbour and think of all the negative things that has happened, the further I will cause the friendship to drift.

Love and hate is a choice. Choose wisely!

Serving with you in His Kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle -
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment