Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Prayer of My Lost Soul

http://forums.familyfriendpoems.com/michelleyee
http://www.reflectionsbymichelleyee.wordpress.com


Losing every ounce of strength in me
I’m sinking to my knees
Finding courage yet to stand again
Despite all the hurts and pains

Let love take away, the guilt I feel inside
Let it erase every fear that has blinded my sight
I’ve lost my step and I fell again
And every night I live in shame

I’ve lost my sight and I’ve lost my way
I won’t deny that I’ve gone astray
To You O Lord, I confess my sins
Less my bones dry up and suffer in pain

Return thy sight to my failing eyes
Let me see Your light once more
Lead me back to where I belong
Where I will dwell with You forever more  

Do not deny me O Lord as I say this prayer today
Have mercy on me this lost sinner seeking forgiveness I pray
Reject me not oh Lord as Your face again I seek
For this soul that is returning home is lost and weak

No comments:

Post a Comment