Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Funeral

http://facebook.com/reflectionsbymichelleyee
http://reflectionsbymichelleyee.wordpress.com

This poem is a reflection of my granny's death (2 Sundays ago). I wrote this a few days later after her cremation service on 24 Sept..

I often wished it was merely a bad dream
But when I saw the body and her coffin, reality finally set in
I didn’t want to accept it, nor did I want to believe
For the fact that she has passed on, is too big a blow for me
My heart was wrenched, my eyes welled up, my mind was in a mess
Her body has suffered so much but now she can finally rest
Yet my biggest regret was I never got the chance or the courage to share Christ with her
But there’s no point in regretting, for now she is no longer here
I watch helplessly as I see her coffin go into the flaming fire
To her I said my final goodbye with reluctance and tears in my eyes
For although her body rests, her soul will never see paradise
One lesson I’ve finally learnt, as regrets fill this aching heart of mine
We never know when death will take our love ones away,
So Lord we ask for Your courage to help us share Christ with them today

Written by Michelle Yee
 

Serving with you in His Kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle -
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment