Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2018

World's standard vs God's view



By the world’s standard, I will be most probably labelled as a “failure” - I’m a female and 35, yet I’m still not attached, I don’t own a house, I don’t have a driver’s licence, I’m not academically talented, I’m not a high flyer, I don’t have a high earning job. I’m the eldest amongst my mom's 3 children and yet I’m the least accomplished in most of the aspects – relationship, academic and career.

Let’s talk one thing at a time

Relationship wise
I’m 35, I still have no one.
My younger sister is 33, she has been married for 2 years
My younger brother is 25, he is currently dating someone.

Academic wise

I’m considered average among the 3

Career wise

My sister has found a good job with stable income.
My brother is doing well in his company and is earning quite a sum.
I might be living out my childhood ambition, but over the last few years, it has become a nightmare, and I’m now just fighting every day to keep the flame that is almost gone and it’s also not paying very well too.

But by God’s standard, I’m probably the only one who is pursuing the right thing….

While both my siblings are establishing good things that by world's standard say it is a must to attain, I on the other hand, sought after the Lord Jesus. I’m constantly seeking Him, His direction for so many things, I enjoy being in church to worship Him, to sit and listen to His word.
I have got some talent in music, poetry and art and I have used it to serve the people. I serve as a keyboardist, backup singer in church and am currently training to become a worship leader. I have ministered in prophetic worship and many have told me how greatly blessed and ministered by my “anointed playing”, I am also ministering in prophetic art where I will draw for them.  I have written so many poems and have posted in my blogs, and have received lots of feedback how they have been encouraged, blessed, touched, and inspired by them. 

I’m using every one of my God – given talent to serve Him and His people.  Whatever talent I found I have inside me, I give back and use it for God’s purpose.
Maybe to many people I am not successful, be it in career, relationship or even in academic, but is that really important? Does this really matter at the end of your life? Does all these even define your value or your worth in life? What define us really? Our identity in Christ, knowing who we are in Jesus, and that, is what defines us.

At the end of your journey, God is not going to ask you how much money you earned, or what your highest qualification was or what position you held in church etc…  He is most probably going to ask you what you did with the talents He gave you, or if you did what He told you to do… Read the parable of the talent in Matthew 25:15-29.

I still have things which I know, I haven’t really done well before Him and I still have many things to account for which for most part, I’m still learning and making mistakes.
I still have a lot way to go before I actually get to the end of my life… I have a long life, so I have lots more to do for Jesus.

I won’t have to worry about worldly success actually because God promised us in Matthew 6:33, “Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.” In order to know what all these things are we have to look into the preceding verses.
25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]? 28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
Than it goes on to say in verse 33 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. “ And verse 34 says, “ Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

The bible doesn’t promise us success like the world does, but He does promise to provide our every needs. “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)

We also all know verse from Jeremiah 29:11, “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” With this promise in mind, we don’t really have to worry about our future, because God already declared that in His word and He is a God who cannot lie, what He says, He must do, “so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11)

"God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"
(Numbers 23:19)

After all at the end of the day, “What profits a man if he gains the whole world; yet forfeit his soul” (Mark 8:36)

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added unto you. It is God's promise.

God bless!


Serving with you In His Kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle –
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment