Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2015

Reflections: Renovation of our hearts

I cannot help thinking about an old joke that was resulted in a blunder I made...
Once I was with 2 other friends and we were discussing about the Bible Sermon Series that each of our church is currently going through. I told my friends that we were doing the book of "Renovation' when I actually meant to say "Revelation'... My friend teased me saying, "What renovation? Renovation of your heart?"
Although it was a joke, it was worth considering that we all do need once in a while to do a heart check to see where we are in our walk with Christ. As we begin to see signs pointing to the soon 2nd coming of Jesus, we must constantly be preparing ourselves for that day, as judgement is soon on its way. If things are not right in our hearts, may we find the courage and confidence to confess and repent before the Lord and allow Him to do a "renovation of our hearts".
Hebrews 4:15-16 "For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weakness but one who has been tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may recieve mercy and may find grace to help in time of need."
Are there areas in our lives which needs to be "renovated"? Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Prayer:
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts and see if there be any hurtful way in me and lead me in the everlasting way". (Ps 139:23-24)
Serving with you in His Kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle -
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment