Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Best Friends - Short Reflections



I have a couple of "best friends" I cannot do without...

When I have a tummy ache, my "Ru Yi oil" is my "best friend".
When I have a sore muscles, my "Eagle brand muscle rub" is my "best friend".
Whenever I'm stressed and need to relax, my piano is my "best friend" where I go to, to release pent up frustrations.
When I'm down, and need some cheering up, I either call up a friend to chat, text them my problem or pick up some of my favourite Christian artiste/band to listen to, otherwise my bible is always available for me to open up and read....

All these physical things, no matter how helpful they can be, we as Christians we must always remember (as human we do tend to take for granted and sometimes neglect it), there is one Ultimate Best Friend whom we can always depend on, no matter the circumstances or where we might be physically.

The Bible is perhaps the only exception to the list of the other physical items that is considered an essential for us to turn to when we do need help. The lack of other items, may not be that crucial should we be in need of them.

We also have the Holy Spirit as our 24/7, Best Friend.... He is our refuge and strength, our ever present help in times of trouble. (Ps 46:1), He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us (Heb 13:4).  On our part though, we ought to be disciplined enough to spend time to build our relationship with this Best Friend, we as humans some times have a bad habit of taking things for granted and we just don't prioritize time for doing this very important thing that has eternal implications.

As I'm writing this short blog, I'm reminded that I need to conscientiously put in time, effort and prayer to have this precious relationship grow and florish to a deeper level of intimacy. Every Child of God is given this Best Friend, the Holy Spirit is also called our Comforter/Helper and He is also known as the Spirit of truth (who guides us into all truth and also convicts us of our sins etc) read John 16:7-13.

We thank you Jesus for giving us the Holy Spirt, and we repent for the times we might have grieve You or neglected You, please help us to grow more in love with You. In Jesus' name, Amen!


Serving with you in His Kingdom with love;
Princess Michelle -
Beloved Daughter of the Most High King

No comments:

Post a Comment